The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
Basic Life Support Classes are held every Fridy from 5:00pm to 10 pm wih the exception of Holidays at Killeen Location. At Round Rock, BLS courses are on Saurdays 10 am to 3pm. Cost of Classes are $ 65 due before the start of training. Certification cards are given wihtin 30 days after successful completion of triaining.
Heartsaver Courses are offered every Saturday from 9am – 3pm at the Killeen location and scheduled at the Round Rock location as needed for 5 or more students at a time. Heartsaver courses include CPR/AED for adults, infants and children, and Basic First Aid. Cost of classes are $50 due before start of training.
All CPR training is in accordance with American Heart Association guidelines, and will meet your organization’s requirements for CPR certification. Off Site CPR Courses can be schedlued by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Critical concepts of high-quality CPR.
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival.
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant.
• 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant.
• Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques.
• Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant.
• Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant.
• Relief of choking for adult, child and infant.
• CPR with an advanced airway*.
* This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
Initial Provider Course requires approximately 4.5 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing.
Renewal Course requires approximately 4 hours, including skills practice and skills testing.
*course time based on 1 instructor: 6 student: 2 manikins.